Don Norton Scholarship
Don Norton Professional Development Scholarship
LPC will offer up to 3 stipends of up to $1,000 each to LPC members to help cover expenses to a professional development class, seminar or workshop, which includes Ag Media Summit or IFAJ congress. The LPC board of directors believes that expanding knowledge and excitement in one’s profession will keep dedication and commitment to that job.
- Applicant must be a member of Livestock Publications Council.
- A complete application must be submitted by the deadline.
- Submit information on the conference you wish to attend. Also list a second option for a conference, in case it is needed. Information must include conference name, dates, and location.
- Provide an estimated budget for expenses to attend the event.
- In 250-350 words describe why you should receive this stipend, your professional goals and how you will use this award for professional development.
- Write a short piece for the LPC Actiongram after you have attended the professional development event, telling how you used the stipend and how it will help you become a better ag communications professional.
- The stipend funds should be used within a year of when it is awarded. If it is not used because of an emergency, please contact the LPC Executive Director.