Best of the Bunch
Best of the Bunch Photography Contest
2022 Contest Results
1st place: “The Curious Jersey” by Brooke Bobendrier, freelance
2nd place: “Tall and Proud” by Megan Silveira, Angus Media
3rd place: “Follow Me” by Katy Holdener, Superior Livestock
1st place: “Janie” by Bart Ashford, Grant Company
2nd place: “Branding” by Bart Ashford, Grant Company
3rd place: “Sage” by Autumn Fuhrman, Arkansas Cattle Business
1st place: “Early Morning Gather” by Katy Holdener, Superior Livestock
2nd place: “Sunrise in Wyoming” by Abbie Lankitus, Certified Angus Beef
3rd place: “Sunset in Wyoming” by Abbie Lankitus, Certified Angus Beef
1st place: “Howdy” by Megan Silveira, Angus Media
2nd place: “Cowboy Steak” by Katy Holdener, Superior Livestock
3rd place: “After the Show” by Lisa Perrin Dubravec, The Partnership
OVERALL BEST OF THE BUNCH
“Early Morning Gather”
Katy Holdener, Superior Livestock
1) Enter each photograph in one of four categories:
b) Livestock industry people
c) Livestock scenic (such as a landscape, must have livestock in photo)
d) General (may include digitally enhanced)
2) The photo contest committee reserves the right to reassign entries to appropriate category, if necessary.
3) All photographs must be entered via the form by Tuesday, July 5.
4) All photos must be named the following way: LastName-FirstName-Category-EntryName. Unidentified photos will be disqualified.
5) Your headshot must also be included with entry submission.
6) There is no limit to the number of entries you may enter.
7) There will be an entry fee of $5 per photo and it can be paid via the LPC Square Store at https://livestock-
8) Entries will be judged virtually during Agricultural Media Summit in Raleigh, NC (July 16-20).
- All entries must be original “straight out of the camera” photos.
- Basic color and lighting adjustments only. The general category does allow for digital enhancement.
- Those entering photos must work for a member publication of LPC (name must appear in the masthead), be a service member of LPC, or a freelance/contractor member of LPC. Student members of LPC are also eligible to enter.
- Any photograph that has won a division in the Best of the Bunch contest previously is not eligible for entry.
Each category will pay $100/first; $50/second; $25/third. The LPC Executive Committee has the discretion to select the directory cover photo from the winners of each category. The winner of the “
1) LPC retains the right to use any of the photos submitted in the Best of the Bunch Photo Contest for publishing in print or on the web.
For more information or questions contact contest chair, Anne Kimmey at firstname.lastname@example.org.